INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our website, our web server will temporarily record certain information from the device you use to access our website, the domain name or IP address of the requesting computer, the access date, the file request of the client (file name and URL), the HTTP response code and the website from which you are visiting us, the number of bytes transferred during the connection and, if applicable, other technical information that we use and statistically evaluate for the technical implementation of the website’s use (such as delivery of the content, guaranteeing the website’s functionality and security, protection against cyberattacks and other abuses).
It is necessary to store and process the information referred to above for the duration of your session in order to deliver our website content to your computer. We also store some of this information in the log files of our servers. We will not combine this information with your IP address or other personal data relating to you except as disclosed below.
This processing will take place for the fulfilment of the existing contract of use with you, as far as it serves the purpose of the technical implementation of the website’s use and to otherwise protect our legitimate interest in making our website as user-friendly, safe and attractive as possible and in promoting the sale of our products and services.
We will also use the data described above to draw conclusions about your interests from your use and to adapt our website’s offerings according to your interests (profiling) in order to make our website as user-friendly, safe and attractive as possible and thus promote the sale of our products and services.
COOKIES, ANALYSIS AND TRACKING
Further details about the cookies and similar technologies we use are set out below:
All cookies are one of two variants:
• Session Cookies: Also called transient cookies, are cookies that are temporarily stored in your browser for the duration of a browser session, and they typically will store information in the form of a session identification and no further information personally identifying you.
• Persistent Cookies: Also called permanent or stored cookies, are cookies that are stored on your hard drive until they expire (persistent cookies are set with expiration dates) or until you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies are used to collect identifying information, such as web surfing behaviour or user preferences for a specific web site.
On our website we employ the following types of cookies:
• Essential Cookies
• Analytics & Personalisation Cookies
• Loyalty Programme Cookies
• External Targeted Advertising Cookies.
These cookies are a mixture of first party cookies, which we set ourselves, and third-party cookies, which are set by other websites.
• Personalisation – For example, your language preference is remembered.
• Session Management - To ensure that your session is routed to the correct system for the duration of your visit.
• AB Testing / Multivariate Testing - We can display multiple versions of a page to a user to assess which generates the best user experience.
• Advertising - We can display advertising content depending on location, language, and your past browsing history.
We use a number of cookies which are strictly necessary to allow you to access our websites, to move between pages and to receive services which you have requested. The types of data collected are:
• session identifier
• IP address, and information generated from anonymized IP address that includes
• a computer host name
• geographic location
• time of visit
• webpage URL
• referring website
• security tokens (for authentication and information submission, like RFP forms)
The following are the Essential Cookies which we use:
We use this cookie to create users’ session ID, which can be linked to users browsing activities, Users’ True Fit profile and purchasing history
We use this cookie in connection with the users’ ID to facilitate information travelling across True Fit’s retail partner network.
We use this cookie to track browsing metrics just for the single session.
ANALYTICS & PERSONALISATION COOKIES
We use Analytics & Personalisation cookies to allow us to:
• Understand usage and effectiveness of our website;
• Remember your preferences;
• Understand your preferences regarding our products and services which we use to personalise/tailor your interactions with our website.
This allows us to provide a high-quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use functionality cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages.
The following are the functionality cookies which we use:
We use these cookies for analytics purposes including to determine when certain technical data has been collected for the session, identify the customer, track keyword searches, internal check-out process.
We use this cookie to store the name of the current page.
We use these cookies to record your actions on the website such as browsing or adding items to your basket.
We use this cookie to store the number of web-pages viewed by the customer.
We use this cookie to record product list preferences.
We use this cookie to personalise contents on our website.
We use this cookie to remember which selections users have previously made so that we can determine which products are displayed to the user.
We use these cookies to record your actions on the website such as browsing or adding items to your basket.
We use this cookie to identify a logged in memberand their preferences.
We use this cookie to remember user preferencessuch as preferred languages and relevant products.
We use this cookie to identify how traffic is driven to our website from third party sites.
We use this cookie to identify different attributes of the customer.
We use on our website Flixmedia’s services for providing you with updated information on our products and analyse, together with our commercial partners, the effectiveness of content displayed. For this activity, QVC and Flixmedia are acting joint controllers. Categories of personal data shared with Flixmedia include IP addresses, users’ ID and data related with users’ interactions with content displayed. If you have questions on how Flixmedia is processing your personal data, please contact Flixmedia using channels indicated here. (available at https://www.flixmedia.com/privacy-notice).
EXTERNAL TARGETED ADVERTISING COOKIES
We work with certain third-party advertisers and partners to collect information about your use of the website through first and third-party cookies in order to serve adverts to you. They may also analyse this data in order to serve adverts to you on other third-party websites.
We also work with advertisers in order to display our advertisements on third party websites, based on cookies set on your visit to this website. Advertising/targeting cookies may also be used to track your responses to particular adverts, which helps advertisers ensure that you see the most relevant advertisements in future on third party websites.
The following are the targeting/advertising cookie which we use:
We use this cookie for affiliate marketingpurposes.
Name of Cookie
Why we use it
We use this cookie for marketing purposes.
The types of data used include online identifiers, including cookie identifiers, IP addresses and device identifiers, imprecise location data (based on your IP address) or precise location data (if you have set your system to allow transmission of geolocation information), and client identifiers.
Types of targeting enacted based on cookies include:
• Demographics: Target ads based on how well products and services trend with users in certain locations, ages, genders, and device types.
• In-market: Show ads to users who have been searching for products and like-services.
• Custom intent audiences: Choose words or phrases related to the people that are most likely to engage with sites and make purchases by using "custom intent audiences."
• Similar audiences: Target users with interests related to those on remarketing lists.
• Remarketing: Target users that have already interacted with our ads, website, or app.
Social media platforms utilise information about their users in order to determine whether those users should be presented a specific advertising campaign based on criteria selected by the advertiser. This may include information collected through a pixel or similar technology placed on our website, provided by users to the social media platform (e.g. account information and usage of the social network), and information collected from third party websites that is shared with the social media platform.
We do not control the information collected by such partners or advertiser in connection with our website or the further use of information we may provide to them for the aforementioned services, and they do not process such data on our behalf. Only the data protection policies of those third parties as the respective controllers of such data will apply to their processing of such data.
As stated above, the legal basis for the use of External Targeted Advertising Cookies on our websites is your consent. If you have already provided your consent and wish to withdraw it, you can always do it in your Preference Center or you may also:
• opt out of the collection of personal information as part of the Google DoubleClick services (and personalisation across Google partner websites and google search) please visit: www.google.com/ads/preferences/html/opt-out.html. Further information on how Google use information can be found here https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites .
• opt-out of personalised advertisements on your social media account or newsfeed and for more information on Facebook uses your information, please visit Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/privacy/explanation. If you would like to control the use of information about you collected by Facebook from third party websites, you can visit Facebook's 'Off-Facebook' privacy settings here: https://en-gb.facebook.com/off-facebook-activity
In addition, you can prevent or restrict the storage of cookies on your hard disk by setting your browser not to accept cookies or to request your permission before setting cookies. Once cookies have been set, you can delete them at any time. Please refer to your browser's operating instructions to find out how this works. If you do not accept cookies, this can lead to restrictions in the use of our service.
DATA RETENTION AND DELETION
Session cookies expire and are deleted at the end of your browser session. Persistent cookies may be set to expire from 30 days to a year (or several years) depending on the function of the cookie. After expiry of those periods information will be deleted or made anonymous.
PIXELS (aka web beacons/web bugs/java script).
We may use pixels and other technologies to automatically record certain technical information about your interactions when you visit our sites or otherwise engage with us, to help deliver cookies on our sites or count users who have visited our sites. We may also include web beacons in our promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether you open or act on them for statistical purposes. “Pixels” are tiny graphics (about the size of a "full stop" at the end of a sentence) with unique identifiers used to track certain online actions, movements and related information users. Unlike cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, pixels are embedded invisibly on web pages or in HTML-based emails. The data we receive through pixels allows us to effectively promote our sites to various populations of users, and to optimize external advertisements about our sites that appear on third-party websites.
QVC and Facebook entered into the Controller Addendum (available at: https://www.facebook.com/legal/controller_addendum) to determine their respective responsibilities for compliance with the obligations under the GDPR with regard to the Joint Processing; Facebook Ireland is responsible for enabling Data Subjects’ rights under Articles 15-20 of the GDPR with regard to the Personal Data stored by Facebook Ireland after the Joint Processing.
Don't miss a thing!
Sign up now and we'll send you all our special offers, news and inspiration.
QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party websites.