The powerful Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500 is an ultra-compact camera featuring the newly-developed far-reaching performance of a Zeiss 30x optical zoom lens, plus five-axis optical image stabilisation to keep your images blur free, built-in Wi-Fi/NFC connectivity so you can easily share your shots and movies, and an 8.2MP BSI CMOS sensor combined with Sony's BIONZ X processor to produce fantastic-quality image and video. With a host of intuitive features, create high-quality images and film all in the lightweight design of the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500.
- the 30x zoom Zeiss quality 24-720mm (35mm equiv.) lens renders portrait, close-up, and landscape images in natural glory from every perspective, with vivid sharpness and contrast intact. It also features multi-layer anti-reflective coating that effectively eliminates surface ghosting and flare. Plus the high-resolution LCD on the camera back can be tilted up to 180 degrees, meaning that when you're in front of the camera you can easily view the LCD to check the framing before you shoot, making selfies and group shots a breeze!
Easily share experiences
- the fast, built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) connection simplifies sharing, allowing you to quickly connect via Wi-Fi to Android mobile devices to send images or videos directly from your camera to the smartphones and tablets of friends and family members.
Shoot for longer
- when fully charged, the lithium-ion battery provides enough power to shoot up to 400 stills or record up to 75 minutes of movie footage, meaning you won't miss out on a great photo opportunity.
Flexible HD movie formats
- the new XAVC S 3 format captures movies detailing extra-smooth action and high-quality sound, and whether you’re shooting in XAVC S or high-definition AVCHD format, you can also simultaneously record another version of the same scene in a compressed, web-friendly MP4 format for convenient sharing.
Blurring be gone
- Intelligent Active Mode features Sony's advanced frame-analysis technology and 5-axis 4 image stabilisation, reducing the blurriness that tends to occur in images or movies when shooting handheld or while chasing a subject in action. Plus the included Sony jacket case is slightly protruding for a firmer grip and stable handling while shooting.
- PlayMemories Camera Apps offers a growing range of easy-to-download applications, designed to give you customised functionality - including controlling the camera remotely - while Beauty Effect offers five in-camera retouching modes, to really perfect your shots.
What’s in the box?
- Exmor R CMOS sensor with 18.2 effective megapixels employs back-illuminated design to let four times more light in than a more conventional sensor
- Programmed AE (P)/Aperture priority (A)/Shutter-speed priority (S)/Manual (M) exposure modes to manually control and adjust exposure
- The BIONZ X image processor integrates detail reproduction, diffraction-reducing and area-specific noise-reduction technologies, making it possible to reproduce realistic images of truer colours and textures with exceptional precision in real time
- A spatial object detection algorithm realises a more optimal and accurate lens drive for capturing more fleeting moments with ease
- Assign frequently used functions (Focus mode, White Balance, Picture Effect, etc.) to customisable buttons and keys for easier, quicker access to such functions while shooting
- Sony WX500 Compact Camera
- Sony case
- Charger and cable
- Shoulder strap
- Screen: 18.2 megapixels; 3'' (4:3)/921,600 dots/Xtra Fine/TFT LCD
- Sensor: 1/2.3 type (7.82mm) Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Battery life: 400 images/75 minutes of film
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi/NFC, USB 2.0
- Self-timer: Off/10sec./5sec./2sec./3 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable
- View-finder: 3" LCD
- Continuous shooter: 10 fps (for up to 10 shots)
- Zoom: optical zoom: 30x; digital zoom: up to 120x (VGA); Clear image zoom (still): 18M 60x/10M 80x/5M 113x/VGA 459x/13M(16:9) 60x/2.1M (16:9) 153x; Movie: 60x
- ISO sensitivity: 80 - 12800
- Lens type: ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
- Shutter speed: Auto (4" - 1/2000)/Program Auto (1" - 1/2000)/Aperture Priority (8" - 1/2000)/Shutter Priority (30" - 1/2000)/Manual (30" - 1/2000)
- Video: HD movie mode 1080 60p
- Video resolution (max): AVCHD (up to 1,920x1,080/50p at 28Mbps)/XAVC S (up to 1,920x1,080/50p at 50Mbps)/MP4 (up to 1,920x1,080/50fps at 28Mbps)
- Exposure modes: Intelligent Auto; Superior Auto; Program Auto; Aperture Priority; Shutter Speed Priority; Manual Exposure; MR (Memory Recall) 1,2,3;Movie Mode (Intelligent Auto/Scene Selection); Panorama; Scene Selection
- Effects: Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Camera (w x h x d):10.2cm x 5.8cm x 3.6cm (4" x 2.3"x 1.4")
All measurements are approximate