A collection of 10 Geranium Ivy Velvet young plants from Mont Rose; an outstanding ivy-leaf geranium that creates an amazing display as a standalone plant or when arranged with other plants. The vigorous and bushy plants produce large clusters of rich and velvety, wine-coloured semi-double flowers, while its trailing habit makes it perfect for hanging baskets, window boxes or draping around the edge of your containers.
- Key wildlife attracted: bees and butterflies
- Flowering period: May - October
- Planting position: sun or partial shade
- Soil type: compost for containers or any light, non-acidic, well-drained soil for borders.
- Mature size (h x w): 45cm x 25cm (17.7" x 10")
- 10 x Geranium Ivy Velvet (3.3cm plugs) with non-scented wine flowers
- Pot up into 7cm (2.7") pots of free-draining compost and grow them on in frost-free conditions until large enough to plant outside
- Plants are best grown on the dry side rather than being too wet
- Once the plants have a well-established root system, gradually acclimatise them to outdoor conditions for 7 - 10 days and only plant out when all threat of frost has passed
- Alternatively plant straight into containers using moist, well-drained compost and grow on in frost-free conditions until all threat of frost has passed
- Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions over a 7 - 10 day period
- Regular feeding should begin 6 - 8 weeks after planting into their final position.
- Feed with a fertiliser or liquid tomato food. Remove spent blooms to keep displays looking fresh and full of flowers until the frosts
Delivered directly from Park Promotions: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery to UK mainland only (including Northern Ireland and islands)
All measurements are approximate