Featuring a beautifully sleek design, intuitive controls and easy-to-use features, Hive is an innovative system that can be installed on your existing gÞas or LPG systems and is designed to let you adjust your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. You could save energy and money with this brilliant device that helps you take control of your home's heating and hot water anytime, anywhere.
Important information -
Hive offer a 30-day cooling off period once the system is installed, so it can be uninstalled within this time at no cost. After 30 days, to uninstall, there will be a fee of £80. Please refer to the above Hive Installation Procedure document for more details.
- backed by British Gas, installation comes as part of the price and it doesn't matter who supplies your energy. Use the voucher provided in the welcome guide and pick a time to suit you - the British Gas engineer will bring the hub and receiver with them on the day of installation. Hive works with your existing boiler and usually takes up to 90 minutes to install.
Hive’s Terms and Conditions above
, which will apply between you and Hive for the installation of the product. Refer to the
Boiler Compatibility document above
which includes a list of boilers which are not compatible with this Hive Active Heating with installation offer - check before purchasing.
- with the app on your mobile, laptop or tablet, it’s as easy to control your heating and hot water as it is to change the TV channel. You can also send your command to Hive by text, plus you can put a PIN lock on your app or thermostat so children can’t tamper with it.
- you can set between one and six timeslots a day and create schedules to fit in with your life, plus with the temperature graphs you can keep track of how you are using your heating. The holiday mode lets you tell Hive your holiday dates so your heating will sleep until you return, and you'll always come back to a warm home.
Get a boost -
switch your heating on and off, up or down and set temperatures. If you want to extend your heating outside your usual heating schedule, just use the boost button. You can also turn your hot water on and off for those times when you need it, and boost your hot water for up to six hours.
Automatic frost protection
- automatically activates when your heating is off and the temperature inside your home dips below 7C, helping to protect pipes from freezing.
- based on your phone’s location, Hive will send you reminders to turn your heating on before you get home, or off if you’ve left it on when you go out.
- Hive could help you save energy and money, as you'll only heat your home when you need to. Hive customers have saved up to £130 by changing the way they use their heating.
What you will need
What’s in the box?
- A working central heating system. Hive can be installed on gas or LPG systems - a list of incompatible boilers is attached
- An existing broadband connection with a spare Ethernet port connection
- An extra power socket close to your broadband router
- For the Hive app you’ll need an Apple iPhone or iPad (iOS 7 or later) or a device running Android (min 4.0.3) - the app is available free on the App Store, Google Play store, and Amazon
- A laptop or tablet with internet access and an up-to-date web browser (we recommend minimum: Internet Explorer 10 or the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari)
- Hive is a British Gas innovation, but you don’t need to be a British Gas customer to buy the Hive products
Supplied by engineer on installation day:
- 1 x Hive wireless thermostat - lets you control your heating when you’re at home
- 4 x AA Duracell batteries
- 1 x user guide
- 1 x welcome guide - includes voucher scratch code to book your installation with a British Gas engineer
Please note that Hive is not available to customers in Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man.
- 1 x hub - plugs into your broadband router to enable your thermostat to be controlled remotely
- 1 x receiver - lets your thermostat and boiler talk to each other