Known as "Mock Orange", the 'Philadelphus Star Bright' from Hayloft Plants boasts large white flowers on burgundy stems that emit a scent reminiscent of the citrus orange tree. Ideal for creating a fragrant hedge, add these blooms to your garden for a multi-sensory summer focal point.
- Flowering period: June - August
- Plant position: sun
- Soil type: most soils, moist, well-drained
- Mature size (h x w): 120cm x 120cm (47.2” x 47.2”)
- Plant in spring, summer or autumn
- Ensure that you have left plenty of space for it to thrive and reach a mature height and spread.
- Before planting, incorporate a generous amount of well-rotted manure or garden compost into the native soil.
- Once ‘Philadelphus’ have been placed into the planting area, water thoroughly and deeply.
- Once the flowering period is over, cut older shoots back to the young growth and leave these to shoot for the following year. It is also recommended that you remove a quarter of old branches each year.
- 2 x 'Philadelphus Star Bright' (9cm pots) with scented white Flowers
Delivered directly from Hayloft Plants, please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery, UK delivery only (includes Northern Ireland and Channel Islands).
All measurements are approximate