The DriveAssist 51LMT-D sat nav and case from Garmin boasts advanced driver alerts such as Forward Collison Warning and has a built-in dash camera to record your journeys, while Garmin DriveAssist tells you everything coming up on the road ahead, from sharp bends and railway crossings to traffic jams and speed cameras. With a lifetime of European map updates, you can enjoy full support behind the wheel for years to come, plus camera-assisted driving that helps keep an eye out for you - it's like having a real life navigator sitting right next to you!
Capture those incidents
- with a compact built-in dash camera that continuously records your drive, plus optional in-vehicle audio recording, the Incident Detection G-sensor will also automatically save video footage on impact. GPS records exactly when and where the events occurred and you can easily play back video footage right on the device.
Out-smart traffic jams and no-spaces car parks
- the Garmin DriveAssist 51LMT-D will help you save time and find alternative routes to avoid traffic disruption; then live on-street parking updates as you get nearer to your destination will save you time looking for somewhere to leave your car.
- innovative driver awareness features will tell you when traffic in front of you has started to move, alerts you if you’re driving too closely to the vehicle ahead, and if you drift off the road or into oncoming traffic, plus it will also offer lane departure warning alerts.
- when you sync your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to Garmin DriveAssist, you get great features that let you stay connected without taking your hands off the wheel. That means you can see incoming calls, text messages and calendar reminders without even having to reach for your phone.
An in-car navigator
- DriveAssist provides driver alerts for sharp curves, speed changes, railway crossings and animal crossings to help give you more understanding of unfamiliar roads. Additionally, it will warn you when you're driving the wrong way on a one-way street and alert you to nearby schools and school zones. Receive notifications for nearby red light cameras and speed cameras, and even get fatigue warnings that suggest potential rest areas after several hours of driving.
Recap the ride
- use the built-in dash cam to create a cool video of your next road trip with the Travelapse feature - it can capture your long, scenic drives and lets you use the free Garmin VIRB app on your compatible smartphone to create a short video.
- need directions? Just say the word and Garmin DriveAssist features voice-activated navigation responds to your commands and then tells you exactly where you need to go.
Garmin Real Directions
- easy-to-understand driving directions use recognisable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights in addition to spoken street names, guiding you as if your best friend is sitting in the passenger seat. No more squinting to read distant street signs. Just listen for Garmin Real Directions to tell you - 'turn left after the petrol station', or 'turn right after the red building.'
If the case fits
- lined with foam padding and scratch-resistant lining, this lightweight black fabric slip case will help protect your sat nav from damage and scratches, and offers a snug fit so you don’t need to worry about it falling out, moving around or getting marked. It provides durable all-round protection for when your sat nav is not in use, so you can put it in your glove box, handbag or carry it from one car to another with ease.
What’s in the box?
- Garmin DriveAssist 51 LMT-D sat nav - with lifetime maps and digital traffic (indicated by “LMT-D” after model number on the box)
- 1 x Garmin case (l x w x d): 16.5cm x 0.6cm x 10.8cm (4.5” x 0.2” x 4.2”)
- 1 x vehicle suction cup mount
- 1 x vehicle power cable/lifetime traffic antenna
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x quick start manual