The Amazon Echo Show 2nd Gen Smart Speaker with Alexa features a vibrant 10" HD screen that allows optically-enhanced voice responses to be shared across a room, built-in smart home hub and improved speakers, and is accompanied by a dimmable, Wi-fi-enabled Philips Hue smart bulb. Call or message your family and friends who also have an Echo or the Alexa App, get the news with a video flash briefing, see your photos, shop with your voice, see lyrics, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more with the 2nd Gen Amazon Echo Show.
Automate your lighting experience with the Philips Hue LED Smart bulb and control your lights from home or away; never come home to a dark house - by using light schedules on the Philips Hue app and be greeted with warm white light. Install the LED light as you would install ordinary bulbs and voice control them with the Show.
So what's new?
The 2nd Gen Echo Show’s new speakers feature dual 2" premium drivers, a passive bass radiator and Dolby processing to deliver expansive stereo sound with deep, powerful lows and crisp highs. Adjust the treble, mid and bass levels, and set up multi-room music to play music across compatible Echo devices throughout your home.
- while the two speakers on the original Echo Show were situated side by side under the touchscreen on the front of the Show, the speakers on the 2nd Gen Show are now placed on the sides of the unit helping to create the Show's chic new pyramid shape.
Voice-control your smart home
- Alexa can control smart home devices such as security cameras, lights, thermostats and more. Just ask her to show you the front door camera or brighten the kitchen lights. Easily set up and control compatible Zigbee smart home devices without the need for a separate hub. Just ask “Alexa, discover my devices” and Echo Show will discover and set up compatible devices so you can control them with your voice or manage them on-screen.
Hands-free video calling and messaging
- Echo Show makes it easy to stay in touch. Make video calls to friends and family who have the Alexa App, an Echo Spot or Echo Show. You can also voice-call or message anyone with an Echo device or the Alexa App, or instantly connect to other devices in your home to make a quick announcement or check in on the kids.
Say hello with Drop In
- enable this new feature for the special cases when you want to connect with your closest friends and family. You can drop in to let the family know it’s time for dinner, see the baby’s nursery or check in with a close relative. With Drop In, you’re always in control - turn it on or off at any time, select who is allowed to drop in on you and choose which devices are available for Drop In. You can also decline Drop Ins.
Info at a glance
- for news and information you can see and hear, just ask Alexa for your video flash briefing from the BBC, The Telegraph and more. Curious about the latest film trailers? Just ask. You can also stay super organised at home. Start a timer in the kitchen and watch as it counts down, or easily see and manage your family’s calendar. Sign in to the Alexa App to take your to-do and shopping lists with you. Instantly add an item to your list with Echo and see it in your Alexa App when out shopping.
Voice control your music
- powered by Dolby, Echo Show is fine-tuned to deliver crisp vocals with dynamic bass response and expansive sound. Watch as the display comes alive to show song lyrics, custom stations, curated playlists and album art with Amazon Music. Echo Show also connects to Spotify, TuneIn and more, giving you voice control for your music, plus it's Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services such as Apple Music from your phone or tablet. Please note that if you are currently an iTunes user, there is a limit to the amount of songs you can upload to your Amazon music library to use with your Echo Show.
Always getting smarter
- Alexa constantly updates through The Cloud automatically and is continually learning, adding new functionality and skills. The more you use Echo Show, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary and personal preferences. To set up the Skills feature, simply input a few details about yourself and your location, then enjoy its capabilities, including ordering a takeaway, requesting a taxi, performing local review searches, trying a new recipe, and more. New skills are being added all the time.
Seamless set up
- just plug it in, connect to the internet with the Alexa app, and you are ready to go. The included Quick Start Guide will help you get the most out of your Echo Show, and there are no subscription fees to use it either.
Philips smart bulb options:
What's in the box?
- 1 x Echo Show 2nd Gen
- 1 x power adaptor cable: 1.8 m (6ft)
- 1 x Philips Hue LED Smart bulb
- 1 x Quick Start guide
The Amazon Echo HD speaker will have limited functionality outside of mainland UK, the Channel Islands, France, Germany and the USA