The Amazon Echo Plus 2nd Gen Smart Speaker with Alexa boasts a chic new fabric-covered design and upgraded sound, with Premium Dolby-powered speakers for 360 degree audio that fills a room with immersive sound, while still providing the same innovative technology as a hands-free speaker designed around your voice to answer questions, play music, provide news and weather alerts and more. The 2nd Gen Amazon Echo Plus allows you to access everything from your connected devices to your favourite technology, wherever you are.
Zigbee Home Hub
- the Amazon Echo Plus has a built-in smart home hub that seamlessly connects and controls compatible smart devices, such as light bulbs, door locks, in-wall switches, and plugs, without the need for separate hubs or a smart home skill. Simply connect by saying "Alexa, discover my devices" and Echo Plus will do the rest.
- the brain behind the Amazon Echo, Alexa is a voice service that updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning and adding new functions and skills to her repertoire. The more you use the Echo Plus in your everyday life, the more it adapts to your speech style, vocabulary and preferences.
- from ordering a takeaway meal through Just Eat to requesting a taxi from Uber, the Amazon Echo Plus has thousands of 'skills' and counting, which can be accessed instantly – just select the one you want to use.
- want to play music on an Echo in another room? Now with Multi-Room Music, you can tell Alexa to play across all your Echo devices. Just tell Alexa to play jazz in the kitchen, top pop in the living room, or play the same song downstairs - available for Amazon Music and TuneIn with Spotify coming soon.
Hand-free calls and texts
- you can easily talk hands-free to anyone who has a supported Echo device or the Alexa App—no tapping or searching required. Additionally, you can send messages via voice or text to anyone with an Echo or the app. Simply download the latest version of the app on your Smartphone, and verify your mobile number.
Voice recognition makes it personal
- with just a word, the Echo Plus responds to you - just say "Alexa" to wake up your device. Far-field voice recognition means the Echo Plus can hear you ask a question from any direction, even in noisy environments. You do not need to train Alexa to understand your voice, as the Echo Plus works with multiple people’s voice commands straight out of the box.
- with seven microphones and beam-forming technology, the Echo Plus can hear you from across the room even while music is playing. The Echo Plus is also an expertly tuned, immersive speaker that has been designed to fill any room with its dual, downward-facing speakers. Plus, it can play your favourite music and playlists from Amazon Prime Music, Spotify and more, using just your voice.
Seamless set up
- just plug it in, connect to the internet with the Alexa app, and you are ready to go. The included Quick Start Guide will help you get the most out of your Echo Plus, and there are no subscription fees to use the Echo Plus either.
- with millions of songs from thousands of artists, the Amazon Digital Music Store brings all your favourite music to your fingertips. Music you buy on your Fire tablet is saved to Your Music Library and you can play or download it anytime.
– the fabric finish of the Echo Plus 2nd Gen means you can choose from one of three neutral colour options Charcoal; Heather Grey or Sandstone to suit your home décor to a T.
What's in the box?
- Heather Grey
- Amazon Echo Plus 2nd Gen smart speaker
- 1 x power adaptor and cable 1.8m (6ft)
- Quick Start Guide
- One year manufacturer's warranty
- The Amazon Echo HD speaker will have limited functionality outside of mainland UK, the Channel Islands, France, Germany and the USA
- To use the Echo, a smartphone, laptop or tablet is required
- If you are currently an iTunes user, there is a limit to the amount of songs you can upload to your Amazon music library to use with Echo:
- You can upload up to 250 songs to your music library for free
- With an Amazon Music subscription, you can upload up to 250,000 songs
- Echo is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services such as iTunes from your phone or tablet
- Streamed music will still have voice controls, limited to: Play, Pause, Previous, Next, Stop, Resume, and Restart
- Amazon Prime members can use Prime Music, as part of their Prime Subscription, to play music, and also ask Alexa to order eligible products they've ordered before
- You don't need to subscribe to Amazon Prime to use the Echo