The Amazon Echo 2nd Generation offers the same innovative technology in a smaller, even more attractive package; with its Voice Controlled Personal Assistant it acts as a hands-free speaker that is designed around your voice and the commands you give, with the ability to answer your questions, read audiobooks, report on news, traffic and weather, provide sports updates and so much more. Access everything from your connected devices to all your favourite technologies with the brilliant Amazon Echo.
- the brain behind the Amazon Echo, Alexa is a voice service that updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning and adding new functions and skills to her repertoire. The more you use the Echo in your everyday life, the more it adapts to your speech style, vocabulary and preferences.
– the fabric finish of the 2nd Generation Echo means you can choose from one of three neutral colour options Charcoal; Heather Grey or Sandstone to suit your home décor to a T.
- from ordering a takeaway meal through Just Eat to requesting a taxi from Uber, the Amazon Echo has thousands of 'skills' and counting, which can be accessed instantly – just select the one you want to use.
- want to play music on an Echo in another room? Now with Multi-Room Music, you can tell Alexa to play across all your Echo devices. Just tell Alexa to play jazz in the kitchen, top pop in the living room, or play the same song downstairs - available for Amazon Music and TuneIn with Spotify coming soon.
Hand-free calls and texts
- you can easily talk hands-free to anyone who has a supported Echo device or the Alexa App—no tapping or searching required. Additionally, you can send messages via voice or text to anyone with an Echo or the app. Simply download the latest version of the app on your Smartphone, and verify your mobile number.
Voice recognition makes it personal
- with just a word, the Echo responds to you - just say "Alexa" to wake up your device. Far-field voice recognition means the Echo can hear you ask a question from any direction, even in noisy environments. You do not need to train Alexa to understand your voice, as the Echo works with multiple people’s voice commands straight out of the box.
- with seven microphones and beam-forming technology, the Echo can hear you from across the room even while music is playing. The Echo is also an expertly tuned, immersive speaker that has been designed to fill any room with its dual, downward-facing speakers. Plus, it can play your favourite music and playlists from Amazon Prime Music, Spotify and more, using just your voice.
Connect your home
- the clever Echo has the ability to control lights, switches, thermostats and smart home technologies, when you pair it with compatible connected devices from Philips Hue, Hive, TP-Link, and more.
Seamless set up
- just plug it in, connect to the internet with the Alexa app, and you are ready to go. The included Quick Start Guide will help you get the most out of your Echo, and there are no subscription fees to use the Echo either.
- with millions of songs from thousands of artists, the Amazon Digital Music Store brings all your favourite music to your fingertips. Music you buy on your Fire tablet is saved to Your Music Library and you can play or download it anytime.
Tune in like never before
- you can listen to the latest sports commentary, podcasts and over 100,000 radio stations on TuneIn and play high-quality streams from nearly 500 UK radio stations with the Radioplayer Skill. Not sure what you want to listen to? Just ask Alexa to recommend a station, and you’ll hear a one you might like, based on your preferences.
What's in the box?
- Heather Grey
- 1 x Amazon Echo 2nd Generation
- 1 x power adapter and cable
- 1 x quick start guide
- Geographical restrictions: The Amazon Echo HD speaker will have limited functionality outside of mainland UK, the Channel Islands, France, Germany and the USA
- To use the Echo, a smartphone, laptop or tablet is required
- If you are currently an iTunes user, there is a limit to the amount of songs you can upload to your Amazon music library to use with Echo:
- You can upload up to 250 songs to your music library for free
- With an Amazon Music subscription, you can upload up to 250,000 songs
- Echo is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services such as iTunes from your phone or tablet
- Streamed music will still have voice controls, limited to: Play, Pause, Previous, Next, Stop, Resume, and Restart
- Amazon Prime members can use Prime Music, as part of their Prime Subscription, to play music, and also ask Alexa to order eligible products they've ordered before
- You don't need to subscribe to Amazon Prime to use the Echo