Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi eReader with Built in Light & Case
We're sorry, this product is not available at this time. Use the search bar to find similar items.
This item is available through Advanced Order. It will be shipped the week commencing .
Used to books? - with twice as many pixels as the previous generation, Kindle Paperwhite has an improved high resolution 300 ppi display for crisp, print-quality text that reads like real paper. The built-in adjustable light means you can read day and night, plus there's no glare in bright sunlight.
Travel light - ideal for taking away on your holiday, swap a pile of paperbacks for the lightweight Kindle and save on weight allowance and space! Plus, as it holds thousands of books, it's perfect for your commute, long journeys and flights, as if you finish your book, you can simply start another one straight away.
No more tired eyes - the Paperwhite guides light towards the surface of the display with its built-in front light, so you can read comfortably without straining your eyes. Adjust your screen's brightness for great reading in any light, plus page layout and margins automatically adapt with the larger font sizes without compromising your reading experience.
Sitting comfortably - thinner than a pencil and lighter than a paperback, the Paperwhite is comfortable to hold in just one hand no matter how long you want to read for. Plus, as it's purely a dedicated e-reader, you can get lost in a novel without any distractions such as email alerts or notifications.
Super-long battery life - the Kindle doesn't require power to maintain a page of text, meaning a single charge can last for up to four weeks (based on half an hour of reading per day with wireless off) and won't leave you tethered to a socket.
Share and share alike - with the Family Library, your Amazon account can be linked to that of your partner, friend, or family member, so you and your family can access and easily share not only your own Kindle books, but books from your chosen person’s Amazon account as well.
What's in the box?
- Kindle Paperwhite
- 1 x USB 2.0 charging cable
- Quick start guide
- Case - in a choice of Black, Blue or Rose Gold
- Display: Amazon's 6" Paperwhite display with Carta e-paper technology and built-in light, 300 ppi, optimised font technology, 16-level grey scale
- Fully wireless and doesn't require a computer to download content
- On-device storage: holds thousands of books
- Cloud storage: free Cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Battery life: a single charge lasts up to four weeks, based on half an hour of reading per day with wireless off (battery life will vary based on light and wireless usage)
- Charge time: fully charges in approximately four hours from a computer via USB cable
- Wi-Fi connectivity: supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Content formats supported: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion
- Kindle Paperwhite user guide pre-installed on device
- Additional information in multiple languages available online
- Kindle (l x w x d): 16.9cm x 11.7cm x 1cm (6.7" x 4.6" x 0.4")
- Weight: 205g
All measurements are approximate
Sharp, dark text with hand-tuned fonts at the pixel level for maximum readability and comfort
Featuring Bookerly, a brand new font specially created for reading on digital screens
Page Flip means you can skim page-by-page, scan by chapter, or skip to the end without losing your place
Add margin notes that you can edit, delete or even export from your device to your computer
Share highlighted sections and meaningful quotes on Facebook, Twitter and Goodreads, and see passages frequently highlighted by other Kindle readers
Smart Lookup integrates a full dictionary with X-Ray and Wikipedia so you can access definitions, characters, settings and more without leaving your page
Word Wise allows you to look up simple definitions, synonyms and more, plus you can adjust the number of hints you see with a simple slider
X-Ray lets you explore the bones of the book, see relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places, or topics of interest with a new timeline view so you can remind yourself of what’s happened
Enhance your knowledge with Vocabulary Builder - it lets you swipe through your words, quiz yourself with flashcards, and see words in context
Eight text sizes to prevent tired eyes and keep you reading longer
Whispersync technology synchronises your last page read, bookmarks and annotations across all your devices so you can pick up exactly where you left off reading
Tap any word or highlight a section to translate it into other languages, including Spanish, Japanese and more (translations are provided by Bing Translator)