A multi-purpose Amazon Fire tablet with a 7" touchscreen, a quad-core processor, 8GB of built-in storage and 1GB RAM for a fast and responsive experience complete with a colourful case and memory card for extra storage. With fantastic features including an easy set-up and parental controls for the little ones, this sleek device is perfect for day-to-day use whether you're watching, reading or browsing.
It's all easy
- the Amazon Fire 7" tablet is ready to use right out of the box, making it perfect to give as a gift. There's no software or computer required, or complicated set-up; just log in with an Amazon account, connect to Wi-Fi and you're ready to go!
Fast, clear, responsive
- the proficient quad-core processor consists of four high-performance cores, which ensure quick app launch times, smooth games and videos, and great overall performance. Plus with the 7" widescreen and 1024 x 600 IPS display, you can enjoy crisp images, vivid colours and whiter whites and a fantastic viewing experience even at wide angles.
A powerful and versatile device
- delivering everything you expect from a tablet and more, the Amazon Fire 7" tablet allows you to easily flit between browsing the web, to accessing your library of books, comics and magazines whenever, wherever.
Not just for grown-ups
- Fire for Kids is free on every Fire tablet so when youngsters use the device it's like they have their very own personalised tablet. The background colour and fonts change to a child-friendly design and they only see the titles, apps, games and videos that you give them access to thanks to the easy-to-use Parental Controls.
Watch on the big screen
- fling movies and TV shows from your tablet to your big-screen TV using Second Screen (available for Amazon Fire TV, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4). This turns your telly into the primary screen, freeing up your tablet to provide playback controls or to simply browse the web and more while you watch a movie.
- with Family Library you can link your Amazon account to your partner's, so you can easily share apps, games, audiobooks and books. Additionally, it now allows Prime members to share their Prime Video.
Free 'Mayday' on-device tech support
- this cutting-edge customer service feature allows Amazon experts to connect to Fire tablets and guide you through features by drawing on your screen, walking you through how to do something yourself, or doing it for you.
Prime of life
- Amazon Prime members* can enjoy more than 38 million songs, movies, TV shows, books, apps and games! Additionally, thousands of Prime Video movies and TV shows are available to be downloaded to watch offline anywhere. Plus with On Deck (coming soon) - automatically download Prime Video (for Prime members) and the first episodes of Amazon Original Series while your device isn’t in use, ensuring that there is always something new to enjoy instantly, even when offline.
- the Amazon operating system is optimised to give you access to thousands of apps, games and in-app items via Amazon Underground - including extra lives, unlocked levels, unlimited add-on packs and more. This does not have access to the Google Play Store
A new way to read faster
- Word Runner keeps your eyes focused on the centre of the page and brings each word right to where your eyes already are. With dynamic pacing, Word Runner automatically slows down for difficult words, punctuation and paragraph breaks. And when you first start reading, it gradually builds up to the speed you choose. If you miss something, just tap and hold the screen to activate the Brake. It instantly pauses Word Runner, and lets you easily scroll back and pick up wherever you like.
- Advanced Streaming and Prediction learns what movies and shows you like and gets them ready for you to watch. The more you view videos on your Fire tablet, the more accurate ASAP becomes, dynamically adapting to your viewing habits.
Special offers and sponsored screensavers
- the device comes with special offers, which means you will receive personalised advertisements directly on the bottom of the home screen and on the screensaver of your device. These offers don't interrupt you while you're using the device and you can choose to opt out of these for £10 any time after you have registered the device.
Help is at hand
- the device features an easy-to-use, built-in User Guide to help you at any time. Simply swipe down from the top of the screen, tap 'Help', and then tap 'User Guide' to ensure you get the most from your Fire.
*Amazon Prime is available via a subscription, and is not included when you purchase this device. You do not need to subscribe to Amazon Prime to enjoy entertainment on the tablet, there's lots on offer without Prime
What's in the box?
- Amazon Fire 7" tablet in Black
- USB 2.0 cable
- 5W power adaptor
- Quick start guide
- Amazon branded and dedicated case in a choice of either Black, Blue, Magenta or Tangerine
- Sandisk 32GB microSD card - gives you four-times the space to download movies, music and TV programmes to enjoy on the move
- Display: 7" (17.7cm) touchscreen with IPS technology and an advanced polarising filter
- Resolution: 1024 x 600 (171 ppi) with SD video playback
- Processor: Quad-Core (up to 1.3 GHz)
- Operating system: Fire OS5 'Bellini'
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 8GB (available storage space 4.5GB) of internal storage; microSD slot allows for up to 128GB of additional storage
- Camera: VGA front-facing camera. 2.0 MP rear-facing HD camera
- Audio: integrated speakers 3.5mm stereo jack
- Battery life: up to 7 hours battery life (dependent on usage) of reading, surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video and listening to music. Battery life will vary based on device settings, usage and other factors such as web browsing and downloading content. Actual results may vary
- Charge time: fully charged in under 6 hours using the charger provided
- Connectivity: single-band Wi-Fi
- Adjustable font size up to 50% larger and screen colour for night reading
- Sensors: Accelerometer
- Weight: 313g
- Tablet (h x w x d): 191cm x 115cm x 10.6cm (7.5" x 4.5" x 0.4")
- Content formats supported: Kindle (AZW), KF8, TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible Enhanced format (AAX), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV, M4V, MP4, AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1, HE-AACv2, MKV, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, HTML5, CSS3, 3GP, VP8 (WEBM)
- Additional features: external volume controls, built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP compatible stereo headphones, speakers, microphone, and LE accessories support; second screen functionality with X-ray
- Accessibility: VoiceView Screen Reader and Screen Magnifier, enabling access to the vast majority of Fire tablet features. VoiceView features IVONA's award-winning natural language text-to-speech voice. Fire OS 5 also includes system-wide subtitle settings, adjustable font sizes up to 50% larger, and a variety of book reading text adjustments such as adjustable colours and text spacing. Also includes built-in Oxford dictionary
Behind the brand
- 1 x micro USB 2.0
- 1 x micro SD
- 1 x 3.5mm headphone jack with in-line microphone support
Amazon opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. As well as offering millions of products on Amazon.co.uk, the company manufactures premium products at non-premium prices, including the world’s most popular e-reader, Kindle, as well as Fire tablets - powerful devices designed for entertainment.
All measurements are approximate