Amazon Echo Speaker with Voice Controlled Personal Assistant
We're sorry, this product is not available at this time. Use the search bar to find similar items.
This item is available through Advanced Order. It will be shipped the week commencing .
Amazing Alexa - the brain behind the Amazon Echo, Alexa is voice service that updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning and adding new functions and skills to their repertoire. The more you use the Echo in your everyday life, the more it adapts to your speech style, vocabulary and preferences.
Serious skills - from ordering a takeaway meal from Just Eat to requesting a taxi from Uber, skills mean all your favourite applications can be accessed instantly. Amazon are constantly adding new skills to the Alexa app - just enable which ones you want to use, and instantly see reviews and ratings about them too.
Voice recognition makes it personal - with just a word, the Echo responds to you - just say "Alexa" to wake up your device. Far-field voice recognition means the Echo can hear you ask a question from any direction, even in noisy environments. You do not need to train Alexa to understand your voice, as the Echo works with multiple people’s voice commands straight out of the box.
Surrounding sound - with seven microphones and developed with beam-forming technology, the Echo can hear you from across the room even while music is playing. The Echo is also an expertly tuned, immersive speaker that has been designed to fill any room with its dual, downward-facing speakers. Plus, it can play your favourite music and playlists from Amazon Prime Music, Spotify and more, using just your voice.
Connect your home - the clever Echo has the ability to control lights, switches, thermostats and smart home technologies, when you pair it with compatible connected devices from Philips Hue, Hive, TP-Link, and more.
Seamless set up - just plug it in, connect to the internet with the Alexa app, and you are ready to go. The included Quick Start Guide will help you get the most out of your Echo, and there are no subscription fees to use the Echo either.
- 360 degree omni-directional audio
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Far field voice recognition
- 2.5" woofer and 2" tweeter
- Echo (l x w x d): 23.5cm x 8.4cm x 8.4mm (9.25" x 3.27" x 3.27")
- Weight: 1.1kg
- Wi-Fi connectivity: dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard Wi-Fi. Supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks. Does not support connection to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks
- Bluetooth connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Amazon Echo and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices
- System requirements: the Echo comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android and iOS devices, and also accessible via your desktop browser. Certain skills and services are subject to change, may not be available outside the United Kingdom, and may require separate subscriptions or other fees
What's in the box?
- 1 x Amazon Echo
- 1 x power adapter
- 1 x quick start guide
- The Amazon Echo HD speaker will have limited functionality outside of mainland UK, the Channel Islands, Germany and the USA
- A few customers have experienced issues connecting their Amazon Echo to some BT routers. This issue has now been resolved
- To use the Echo, a smartphone, laptop or tablet is required
- If you are currently an iTunes user, there is a limit to the amount of songs you can upload to your Amazon music library to use with Echo:
- You can upload up to 250 songs to your music library for free
- With an Amazon Music subscription, you can upload up to 250,000 songs
- Echo is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services such as iTunes from your phone or tablet
- Streamed music will still have voice controls, limited to: Play, Pause, Previous, Next, Stop, Resume, and Restart
- Amazon Prime members can use Prime Music, as part of their Prime Subscription, to play music, and also ask Alexa to order eligible products they've ordered before
- You don't need to subscribe to Amazon Prime to use the Echo
All measurements are approximate