Amazon Echo Dot Voice Controlled Personal Assistant
Amazing Alexa - the brain behind the Amazon Echo Dot, Alexa is voice service that updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning and adding new functions and skills to their repertoire. The more you use the Echo Dot in your everyday life, the more it adapts to your speech style, vocabulary and preferences.
Serious skills - from ordering a takeaway meal from Just Eat to requesting a taxi from Uber, skills mean all your favourite applications can be accessed instantly. Amazon are constantly adding new skills to the Alexa app - just enable which ones you want to use, and instantly see reviews and ratings about them too.
Voice recognition makes it personal - with just a word, the Echo Dot responds to you - just say "Alexa" to wake up your device. Far-field voice recognition means the Echo Dot can hear you ask a question from any direction, even in noisy environments. You do not need to train Alexa to understand your voice, as the Echo Dot works with multiple people’s voice commands straight out of the box.
Far-Field Voice Recognition - with seven microphones and developed with beam-forming technology, the Echo Dot can hear you from across the room even while music is playing.
Connect your home - the clever Echo Dot has the ability to controls lights, switches, thermostats and smart home technologies, when you pair it with compatible connected devices from Philips Hue, Hive, TP-Link, and more.
Seamless set up - just plug it in, connect to the internet with the Alexa app, and you are ready to go. The included Quick Start Guide will help you get the most out of your Echo Dot, and there are no subscription fees to use the Echo Dot either.
What's in the box?
- 1 x Echo Dot
- 1 x power adapter
- 1 x USB charging cable
- 1 x quick start guide
- Far field voice recognition
- Dot (l x w x d): 83.5 x 83.5 x 32 mm (3.3" x 3.3" x 1.3")
- Weight: 163g
- The Amazon Echo Dot will have limited functionality outside of mainland UK, the Channel Islands, Germany and the USA
- A few customers have experienced issues connecting their Amazon Echo Dot to some BT routers. This issue has now been resolved
- To use the Echo Dot, a smartphone, laptop or tablet is required
- If you are currently an iTunes user, there is a limit to the amount of songs you can upload to your Amazon music library to use with Echo Dot:
- You can upload up to 250 songs to your music library for free
- With an Amazon Music subscription, you can upload up to 250,000 songs
- Amazon Prime members can use Prime as part of their Prime Subscription to ask Alexa to order eligible products they've ordered before
- You don't need to subscribe to Amazon Prime to use the Echo Dot.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connection to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks
- Bluetooth connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported
- System requirements: the Echo Dot comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android and iOS devices, and also accessible via your desktop browser. Certain skills and services are subject to change, may not be available outside the United Kingdom, and may require separate subscriptions or other fees
All measurements are approximate